Guide to Automatic Hand Sanitizing Stations
It is the consensus of the scientists at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that the frequent and thorough washing of your hands is the best way to stay healthy during the cold and flu season. Hand washing is one of the most crucial things you can do to help prevent coronavirus spread. But when you don’t have immediate access to soap and water or want to take extra precautions against any lurking germs, you can turn to one hygiene product that’s rapidly become an everyday must-have: hand sanitizer. Although the CDC recommends hand-washing (along with mask-wearing and social distancing) as the best defense against virus-causing germs, it also notes that hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol can be used as an example effective alternative. And since it’s readily accessible, hand sanitizer offers a simple way to keep up with good hygiene
Automatic sanitizers and soap dispensers are commonly installed in high-end restaurants, executive restrooms, hotels, airport bars, and high-end restaurants. Their contemporary look and economical dispensing provide a standardized dosage to the user. A big selling point of any automatic sanitizer or soap dispenser is its complete touchless operation. This touchless operation stops the spread of germs and bacteria between users by eliminating a common contact point.
Benefits of Automatic Dispensers and Sanitizers
There are many benefits of a dispenser that can dispense sanitizer or soap. Among them:
- To reduce the risk of cross-infection: Because there is no contact on any surface before or after washing your hands, the chance of passing on any infection is reduced.
- To Encourage usability: Touchless ease-of-use influences hygiene behavior—people prefer to use automated dispensers over a manual dispenser. The touchless dispensers are also easier for young children and seniors who struggle to reach across countertops to access a manual dispenser.
- To Decrease employee sickness or absence in workplaces: Increased employee attendance is the direct result of improved hygiene behavior.
- They are suitable for high traffic areas: The quick response makes automatic dispensers ideal for use when they are located in a high traffic area. · They are both economical and environmentally friendly: Automatic dispensers reduce waste. Since a standard amount of soap or sanitizer is dispensed every time, a user is given the correct amount for proper hygiene. They are refillable, and they reduce the usage of disposable plastic dispensers.
- They are handy in kitchens: The surfaces in kitchens breed bacteria and viruses. Using touchless is a way to prevent infections from spreading.
- They Look good: Are you looking for an impressive upgrade to your kitchen or bathroom sink? Automatic dispensers can be found with updated designs with attractive, modern finishes.
Hand Sanitizer Keep You From Getting Sick
A study had shown that correct hand hygiene reduces absenteeism at work by up to 40%. Because of this, fewer people will be calling in sick, and there will be an overall healthier environment.
- Employees who use sanitizer at least five times each workday are 67% less likely to get sick.
- Thirty seconds of using hand sanitizer kills as much bacteria as two full minutes of hand-washing.
- Offices with a sanitation program report 24% fewer claims for hand hygiene preventable diseases.
Choose An Automatic Sanitizer dispense
People are acutely aware of germs in public washrooms, which is why automatic dispensers are now commonplace. Automatic sanitizer dispensers offer:
- Minimal contact automatic dispensers are 100% touch-free and reduce the spread of germs, bacteria and eradicate cross-contamination. Plus, people can be assured that they are clean, safe, and without risks of physical contact during hand sanitization practices.
- Improves Hygiene the sanitizer helps stop the spread of pathogens and will reduce sick days.
- Dispenses Consistent Amount the most significant advantage of a touch-free dispenser is that it results in minimal waste by reducing spills, drips, messes and consistently dispenses the same amount.
- Easy to Maintain and Durable – touch-free hand sanitizers are often made with durable materials, and since they are touchless, they suffer far less physical damage.
What are the characteristics of a recommended touchless dispenser?
An automatic dispenser consists of intelligent components that detect the presence of an object (hands) and then allocates a pre-determined amount of sanitizer.
- Powered by a long-life battery, a battery must ensure that the sensor triggers the dispensing mechanism. When it no longer recognizes the presence of the object, the valve shuts off the flow.
- For a product with high-frequency usage, long periods of uninterrupted operation are the goal. Because of that, the batteries need to durable and easy to procure and replace.
- Your hand must fit easily under the sensor and the spout without touching any surface.
What to Know Before You Buy?
Not all automatic hand sanitizer dispensers are equal. There are essential factors to consider before buying one.
- A dispenser’s performance is the most critical factor to consider when choosing a model. You should consider buying one with infrared sensors if you want maximum efficiency.
- Construction. Most automatic dispensers are constructed using plastic and metal. Even though models constructed from either material can come in a wide range of stylish looks, choosing one made from hard-wearing materials is essential. Metal is generally more durable than plastic. However, plastic is naturally lightweight.
- Capacity depending on the use and the demand, capacity will need to be considered. The big reason - Refills!
- Design/Aesthetic appearance is where the blending of practical vs. beautiful and blending vs. compact design come together.
- Functionality Some automatic dispensers come with added functionality, such as touchless temperature sensors or different signage options. As you search for your solution, evaluate whether you need any added features.
- Security if security is a concern, consider having a lockable cover.
- Cost factors such as electricity or battery power need to be considered for automatic dispensers. However, this can be a small cost to pay for the convenience of having minimal mess, non-drip values, controlling how much is dispensed, etc.
What does the future hold for hand-sanitizing stations
As mandates ease, the consumers are demanding minimal contact with other people. The United States has seen a 20% increase in preference for contactless operations, and this is predicted to go on even after the
pandemic is over. In addition, while clean bathrooms have always been a priority, 60% of Americans now prefer touchless soap and hand sanitizer options.
- Number Of Hand Sanitizer Units In Facilities Have Doubled It’s no surprise that demand for hand sanitizing units across multiple industries has increased since the pandemic. A spring 2021 survey by GP PRO indicates that the most popular is automated wall-mounted dispensers. Based upon the survey, approximately 85% of those responsible for buying or maintaining hand sanitizer units will continue to purchase them even post-pandemic.
- Touchless Soap Dispenser Demand Continues to Grow As cleanliness becomes key to reducing the risk of disease and contamination, the demand for touch-free applications has spiked. A market research firm Food Marketing Institute (FMI), indicates that the market will witness a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6% between 2020-2030.
People are aware of germs in public restrooms, and because of this, public restrooms have converted into a touchless environment. An automated public restroom is now something to experience with self-flushing toilets, touchless faucets, touch-free soap dispensers, automatic paper dispensers, sensor hand dryers, and even some public potty’s which are self-cleaning.